Malpua - sweet pan cakes
- 1 litre milk or 250 ml evaporated milk
- 4 table spoon maida (refined flour)
- 2 cup sugar
- Saffron-few strands
- Ghee for frying
- Boil milk in heavy bottomed broad pan on medium flame,stir continuously till it reduced to 1/4 quantity.
- Add refined flour once the milk gets cool.Mix well and make a batter of pouring consistency like the thick ice cream shake. Keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Dissolve saffron in a teaspoon of warm milk or you can put saffron in one table spoon of water and microwave it for 30 seconds, see the result strands will be double of there original size. Later add it to the sugar syrup.
- In a pan add sugar and take enough water to soak sugar,boil it and make the sugar syrup of one string.To achieve this, keep boiling the syrup until a drop of syrup leaves one string between your thumb and finger.
- Add saffron to the sugar syrup
- Heat ghee in the shallow small frying pan.
- Now pour some batter with the ladle to form a malpua.(approximately of the size of small pancake or poori) When you pore the batter in the center of pan, automatically it will take the shape of circle. Fry both the sides till it becomes light golden brown in color.
- Soak the malpua in sugar syrup for 1 min,drain and serve hot.
- you can serve malpua with some rabri and dry fruits on the top.
- you can serve malpua with some rabri (thickened sweet cream) and dry fruits on the top.
- Do not confuse evaporated milk with condensed milk its different.
- If you are using evaporated milk add refined flour directly to the milk,no need of boiling.
- If u reheat the malpua in microwave,do it for only 10 seconds.